Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Shakespeare Bats Cleanup

I LOVED this book. I think this would be such a great book to use in a language arts classroom to not only teach students about the different types of poetry but also encourage them to write. I think it is so important for students to look at other students or character's their age that love writing. I think Kevin is such a great character for students to see because he goes from not enjoying writing to not being able to stop. I also loved how his dad encouraged him to write but never pressured him. I think this is such a great relationship to show students that they should have with writing. It is something to be enjoyed and not something that should feel painful. I feel as though the theme of baseball might help get boys interested in this book but then teach them about writing while they enjoy the story. Using something like this novel to teach the types of poems to students would really help them keep their interest in the topic rather than riding it off if the teacher was just talking about it. I just think everything about this book is great and I cannot wait to use it in my classroom if I end up teaching language arts.



1 comment:

  1. There is much to like about this book - life lessons, writing lessons, and just plan human lessons. I'm glad you found so much in it to be worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete