Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How They Croaked Response

I could not put How They Croaked down. I am so interested in historic things about famous people and this book was an aspect I have never thought about. I loved how the book was split into different sections for each famous person and their story. This book was so intriguing because find strange things like this really interesting. I think reading this book really helped explain what we talked about last week with the gender stereotypes. A book about death is something you would consider to be a book boys would like over girls but I loved it. I think all students would find this book as interesting as I did. This book would be such a great tool to use in a history classroom to use when you were talking about each of these people in the novel and about how they died. All the stories not only told about the people  and their death but showed some of the history of the time as well. When the book told the story about King Tut it went into detail about mummification which was not just specific to him. I just think this book has so much great information and kids would find it extremely interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I think your point about stereotyping this as a "boy book" is an important one - it emphasizes our need to know books and readers well, in order to connect them as best we can. Making up our minds about a book or a reader too quickly can lead to missed opportunities.

    ReplyDelete