Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Straw Into Gold by Gary Schmidt

This novel was a very interesting read. This book was an adaptation of Rumpelstiltskin. This book would be great for a fifth or sixth grade classroom. This is the story of why Rumpelstiltskin spun straw to gold. Its the story of Tousle a young boy. I thought the story was very interesting and it was cool that the story took a turn from the original story that everyone knows. The book is very interesting and I really loved it. It was filled with imagery and dense language that might be more difficult for some students to read and understand. You would have to check the level of your readers and judge if they can handle this book or not. I think this would be a fun book to make a longer picture book with as opposed to a chapter book. This could however be a great book for students to use as one of the more challenging books they read throughout the year. I was really glad I picked this book even though I did not know much about this to begin with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment