Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Response to Among The Hidden

I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought the concept of the book was very interesting and really kept my focus while reading. It broke my heart to see the main character Luke having to stay inside and not able to live a normal life. It was interesting to see how the government had such control over its people and their children. I think this would be a great book for students to read for pleasure but it could also be used to further explore government and government control. I think this book could add an interesting aspect to a lesson on this. I also really loved how Luke met Jen and was able to connect to someone on a deep level outside his house. It really shows how much brighter a friend can make your life and I love that. I was devastated when I found out that Jen was shot and it made me so sad about what the government was doing to these innocent children. I think students would love this book but I would recommend it to students that are older middle grades. It has some violence that I would not feel comfortable to have all students read. If a student was mature I know they would benefit from reading this book. I really loved reading this book and actually want to read more in the series. I cannot wait to see what happens next. 

     

1 comment:

  1. Good overview of the book. This might be a series to continue during "read whatever you want" week.

    ReplyDelete